These are Part Time, Permanent positions.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Bookseller is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all customers in a friendly and helpful manner. They should be knowledgeable about books and other merchandise in the store, proactively seek to assist customers and provide an outstanding shopping experience.
Areas of Responsibility
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide customers with the highest level of customer service by greeting each customer, communicating and assisting customers with questions and orders, and efficient cashiering.
- Sales of all products, offer point of sale initiatives including Membership programs, Educator programs, and other company sponsored programs.
- Product delivery and placement on to the sales floor in accordance with merchandising guidelines and timelines.
- Recover the sales floor during each shift, including, but not limited to picking up items, shelving books and product, straightening bookshelves and tables, store housekeeping tasks as required.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all loss prevention standards and acting with integrity in all transactions.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to assisting in other departments, receiving shipment, small fixture assembly and maintenance, assisting with inventory, and restroom cleanliness.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
- Computer skills and cash register skills
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 60 lbs. with or without assistance.]
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
How to Apply
Search for Anderson, SC. Apply online for Anderson Store #124. You may follow up by phone or in person after applying.