Fine Jewelry Sales Associate - Full Time
The Fine Jewelry Sales Associate reports to the Fine Jewelry Counter Manager and the Fine Jewelry Regional Manager. The Fine Jewelry Sales Associate executes the initiatives of the Fine Jewelry Division.
Areas of Responsibility
- Meeting or exceeding personal weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals
- Meeting or exceeding personal Elite Service Plan attachment rate goals
- Meeting or exceeding personal repair sales dollar goals
- Meeting or exceeding corporate credit solicitation goals.
- Meeting or exceeding trunk show sales and appointment goals
- Developing a clientele by asking each customer to complete a client profile card and using customer cards to send thank you notes, notification of sales and special events, and phone calls to drive Fine Jewelry Sales
- Assisting customers in the selection of Fine Jewelry merchandise and offering complimentary items to each customer purchase
- Handling each transaction efficiently and accurately
- Completing minor repairs on Fine Jewelry to include removing watch links, changing watch batteries, and adding slides to a slide bracelet
- Maintaining Fine Jewelry merchandising standards and visual standards including department signing
- Maintaining Fine Jewelry security standards to include keeping keys on or about person, showing only one piece of merchandise at a time, not leaving any merchandise unattended, and locking all showcases and safes behind you. Additionally, completing diamond testing as required.
- Check in and replenish new merchandise inside caselines; pieces to be placed in same merchandise stories
- Prepare merchandise transfers and repairs to the RPC twice weekly
- Completing customer repair envelopes and following up with the repair department to ensure customer estimates and repairs are completed on a timely basis
- Referencing the Fine Jewelry Weekly Planner and setting sales events on a timely basis
- Following all procedures for inventory counts, move to clearance projects, and reticketing
- Maintain Belk professional standards for dress and appearance
- Cooperate with fellow associates and management
- Complying with all store procedures including attendance and tardiness.
- Accepting additional responsibilities and executing tasks as assigned by FJ Counter Manager or Regional Manager
Education / Experience Requirements
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fine Jewelry experience preferred/ retail or sales experience required
- Be physically able to stand on feet up to 8 hrs per shift
- Be able to bend easily and lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to use keyboard, telephone, computer, and other business related equipment
- Hand manipulation to complete watch and fine jewelry repairs
- Ability to distinguish between types of gemstones and gold/ sterling silver/ tungsten/ platinum
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends due to business needs of the Fine Jewelry Department
How to Apply
Log on to Belk.com, click Careers at the bottom of the page, and search for the Anderson, SC, store location.