Seasonal Sales Associate
The Seasonal Sales Associate provides outstanding customer service to each and every customer, displays a passion for retail and fashion, adapts to change efficiently, continually seeks to learn about Belk’s merchandise, has an awareness of industry technology, and displays the ability to use technology to enhance core selling skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Carry out tasks for the success of the business’ operation as assigned on each shift
- Anticipate service needs of customers by listening to them and observing non-verbal cues
- Make suggestion of products to purchase to customers based on their preference information, as well as suggest appropriate add on products to purchased merchandize
- Ensure a clean, neat, organized, and safe store environment is maintained to minimize risk and prevent losses
- Perform cashier transaction processing quickly and accurately; coordinate BELK customer loyalty programs; and explain to customers the benefits of having a BELK Rewards card to realize the company’s acquisition goal and enhance present card holders usage
- Greet customers and engage with them at all times
- Ensure products are sized, folded, in-stock, and orderly placed on the sales floor as well as back stocks/up stocks
- Make all product types, including sizes, colors, and styles available on the sales floor at all times for customers to make their choices
- Keep fitting rooms organized, clean, and neat always
- Following defined Belk procedures and policies in processing assigned tasks quickly and accurately with a sense of pride and urgency and with a focus on delivering outstanding service to customers
- Make sure store is recovered consistently and always in a state of customer readiness
- Carry out replenishment of sold stock with attention to detail and ensure all colors, styles, and sizes are available.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Strong ability to communicate with sales team members and customers clearly and effectively
- Highly comfortable working in a team environment that promotes team work, collaboration, and effectiveness
- Strong ability to maneuver through the stockroom and sales floor and to lift up to 30 pounds of items safely
- Strong ability to provide outstanding service to customers both on and off the sales floor
- Possess flexibility and availability to work any and various shifts, including weekends, holidays, and nights, and to perform opening and closing of store as may be required by the company
- Strong ability to understand and apply digital technology for performing “endless aisles” ordering
- Possess excellent skills in time management and a positive attitude to achieve both personal and team success
- Possess working experience in retail selling and merchandizing for two years or more
- Possess high school diploma or its equivalent qualification such as GED.
How to Apply
Apply online at belkcareers.com - search for Anderson, SC, positions.