Seasonal Sales Associate
We set trends through our merchandise and, more importantly, through the way we work. At Belk you will find a positive, inclusive, vibrant and fast-paced environment where you have access to all the tools and resources necessary to be effective in your job. Furthermore, we know access to senior leadership is critical to making company-wide initiatives a reality and getting great ideas to the forefront of our business. Time and time again, our associates are grateful for the opportunities they have to meet with Belk´s senior most leaders.
Above all else, here you’ll find opportunities to make huge impact. It´s the result of dynamic initiatives, financial and structural support, and strong investments in the areas that are taking Belk to new heights.
Areas of Responsibility
As a Sales Associate, you will join the Belk family, report directly to the Sales Team Manager, and be responsible for:
Providing Excellent Customer Service:
- Proactively greeting and engaging customers warmly and with a smile.
- Supporting the store to meet or exceed its customer service goals.
- Handling each customer transaction in a professional and friendly manner.
- Thanking each customer by name following a purchase.
- Offers assistance to the customer proactively and without prompt.
- Using suggestive selling techniques with all customers.
- Meeting or exceeding solicitation goal for Belk credit Rewards program.
- Meeting or exceeding Clienteling goals, where applicable.
- Understanding Store Assortment (for assigned department), in addition to inventory available at other stores and on belk.com.
Continuous Learning & Innovation:
- Using Mobile Devices to complete a sale (where applicable).
- Using Digital Computer-based Point-of-Sale and other digital technology to enhance the customer shopping experience.
- Using the Belk App and informing customers about the Belk App to enhance their shopping experience.
- Using the Belk website to look up merchandise and complete in-store orders for customers
Focusing on Results
- Meeting or exceeding personal sales per hour goals.
- Increasing units sold per transaction by recommending products to customers.
- Identifying and reducing shrinkage in area.
- Working professionally and pleasantly with co-workers, customers, and managers to accomplish defined tasks.
- Maintaining Belk professional dress standards and appearance.
- Maintaining floor and stock areas consistent with store standards.
- Supporting the Operations Team to ensure new merchandise is unpacked and displayed in a timely manner and stored in a place that does not obstruct customer access to the department.
- Following the ROCC the Dock process.
- Ensuring timely set-up including signage for promotional events.
- Following procedures for all systems including counts, markdowns, re-tickets and inventory control.
- Complying with store policies including, but not limited to those concerning attendance and tardiness.
- Accepting additional duties or sharing responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Sales Team Manager.
- Assisting Operations teams with all non-sell duties as assigned by Sales Team Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements
Position Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends, due to shift rotation. Other requirements around education and physicality include:
Education & Experience:
- No education requirement.
- Experience in retail preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use and learn industry technology preferred.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, touchscreen monitor, handheld devices, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
- Hand manipulation to remove sensor tags
- Ability to push / pull 100-500 pounds when moving stock carts
- Task demands vary in each department because of the different types of merchandise. Stocking requirements can involve reaching above & below shoulder level and lifting 25-50 pound boxes.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
How to Apply
Search under Store Careers - Anderson, South Carolina