Sales Associate - Part Time
A Belk Sales Associate provides outstanding customer service to each and every customer, displays a passion for retail and fashion, adapts to change efficiently, continually seeks to learn about Belk’s merchandise, has an awareness of industry technology, and displays the ability to use technology to enhance core selling skills. Positions are currently available in the Ladies, Home, and Children's departments.
- Dental, Vision, paid vacation based on hours worked
- Immediate Associate Discount (no exclusions)
- Career Growth
Areas of Responsibility
Providing Excellent Customer Service:
- Proactively greeting and engaging customers warmly and with a smile.
- Supporting the store to meet or exceed its customer service goals.
- Handling each customer transaction in a professional and friendly manner.
- Thanking each customer by name following a purchase.
- Offering assistance to the customer proactively and without prompt.
- Using suggestive selling techniques with all customers.
- Meeting or exceeding solicitation goal for Belk credit Rewards program.
- Meeting or exceeding Clienteling goals, where applicable.
- Understanding Store Assortment (for assigned department), in addition to inventory available at other stores and on belk.com.
Continuous Learning & Innovation:
- Using Mobile Devices to complete a sale (where applicable).
- Using Digital Computer-based Point-of-Sale and other digital technology to enhance the customer shopping experience.
- Using the Belk App and informing customers about the Belk App to enhance their shopping experience.
- Using the Belk website to look up merchandise and complete in-store orders for customers
Focusing on Results
- Meeting or exceeding personal sales per hour goals.
- Increasing units sold per transaction by recommending products to customers.
- Identifying and reducing shrinkage in area.
- Working professionally and pleasantly with co-workers, customers, and managers to accomplish defined tasks.
- Maintaining Belk professional dress standards and appearance.
- Maintaining floor and stock areas consistent with store standards.
- Supporting the Operations Team to ensure new merchandise is unpacked and displayed in a timely manner and stored in a place that does not obstruct customer access to the department.
- Following the ROCC the Dock process.
- Ensuring timely set-up including signage for promotional events.
- Following procedures for all systems including counts, markdowns, re-tickets and inventory control.
- Complying with store policies including, but not limited to those concerning attendance and tardiness.
- Accepting additional duties or sharing responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Sales Team Manager.
- Assisting Operations teams with all non-sell duties as assigned by Sales Team Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends, due to shift rotation. Other requirements around education and physicality include:
- No education requirement.
- Experience in retail preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use and learn industry technology preferred.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, touchscreen monitor, handheld devices, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
- Hand manipulation to remove sensor tags
- Ability to push / pull 100-500 pounds when moving stock carts
- Task demands vary in each department because of the different types of merchandise. Stocking requirements can involve reaching above & below shoulder level and lifting 25-50 pound boxes.
How to Apply
Log on to Belk.com, click Careers at the bottom of the page, and search for the Anderson location.